Long Covid and Vaccines
• 16% of Covid infections lead to Long Covid after 3 vaccinations
(Azzolini et al., 2022 doi: 10.1001/jama.2022.11691)
• Just below 1 in 10 (9.3%) triple vaccinated people are not recovered 4-8 weeks after Omicron infection in the UK
• Vaccination only reduces risk of Long Covid by 15%.
(Al-Aly et al., 2022 doi: 10.1038/s41591-022-01840-0)
• 4.2-5.0% of triple vaccinated adults report Long Covid for at least 16 weeks in UK survey
• A US study reports 21.5% of infections lead to Long Covid, with no significant difference in prevalence between vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.
(Qasmieh et al., 2022, *preprint, doi: 10.1101/2022.09.04.22279588)